This uses focused ultrasound energy to target the layers of skin just below the surface. The ultrasound energy causes the tissue to heat up rapidly. Once the cells in the targeted area reach a certain temperature, they experience cellular damage. While this may seem counterintuitive, the damage actually stimulates the cells to produce more collagen — a protein that provides structure to the skin.
The increase in collagen results in tighter firmer skin with fewer wrinkles. Since the high-frequency ultrasound beams are focused on a specific tissue site below the skin’s surface, there’s no damage to the upper layers of the skin and adjacent issue.
Q. Who is it for?
This procedure works best on people older than 30 with mild-to-moderate skin laxity. People with photodamaged skin or a high degree of loose skin may need several combination of treatments before seeing results. Older people with more extensive photo-aging, severe skin laxity, or very saggy skin on the neck aren’t good candidates and facelift surgery is the better option.
HIFU isn’t recommended for people with infections and open skin lesions, cystic acne or metallic implants in the treatment area.
Benefits of high-intensity focused ultrasound
HIFU has many proven benefits, including:
- wrinkle reduction
- tightening sagging skin on the neck (sometimes called turkey neck)
- lifting the cheeks, eyebrows, and eyelids
- enhancing jawline definition
- tightening of the décolletage
- smoothing the skin
Q. What can I expect during a treatment?
- Your therapist will ask you to fill out a consultation form, noting the areas of concern. We will take photographs of your skin before and after and put these on your notes
- Your therapist will then cleanse the face and neck and mark out the area. we will then apply a ultrasound gel.
- The HIFU device is placed against the skin. While the ultrasound energy is being applied, you might feel heat and tingling.
- Ultrasound energy is then delivered to the target area in short pulses for roughly 30 to 60 minutes.
- We will finish with moistursier and sunblock
Q. How will my skin look and feel afterwards?
Q. Can I return to my normal activities after doing this treatment?
Please do call us if you have not heard back in 24 hours 06 3701971
A convenient way to book manage and view your forthcoming appointments.
Simply Click on the button below and register.
Please read our cancellation policy before you book.
Booking an appointment means that you are happy to accept our terms of trade
We now have Oxipay! Split your payments over 4 fortnights to make it more affordable!